Don’t follow a guide… Work with one. Exercise. Nutrition. Real human connection.
AFS Remote Coaching
The heart of AFS is personal connection. Even in an online or remote membership, our goal is to develop a relationship with the client that is built on genuine caring and curiosity.
We’ve scoured the internet looking at other services out there, and there are some good options. That being said, we consistently saw one or more of the following failings in other programs that led us to want to develop our own:
- They lack the individualization that a human being with an in-depth understanding of their client can offer, instead opting for cookie-cutter plans, or relying on automation.
- They work with clients in such bulk, that the coaches interactions stay very surface level, or utilize bulk template messaging
- They often only cover exercise or nutrition, not both. Nutrition & exercise are typically innately tied, and having the continuity of one individual managing both aspects is a major benefit.
Thus, we have developed a program that is built on the premise that health and fitness is a highly personal and individual process that requires a personalized approach. We believe that the only effective health behavior change is the one that is co-designed by the individual who has to live with these habits every day. Thus, instead of providing a program that sets the expectations and demands for you, we work to combine our expertise and beliefs around fitness with your own expertise and values when it comes to YOUR life, to create an outcome that is positive and sustainable for you.
What is Included in Remote Coaching?
As we have stated, we do not believe in pre-determined, “cookie-cutter” coaching. Thus, telling each individual exactly what their experience with Remote Coaching is going to look like is impossible. We believe that good coaches have a robust toolbox of potential tools and avenues that may be used or explored, and depending on the individual circumstances of each client, the exact program will, by necessity, vary. That being said, the list below details broadly what you can expect from Remote Coaching (for more in-depth information, we would recommend you set up a consultation below to learn more).
- Access to a real human-being (no automation) that acts as your coach and helps provide guidance and support as you strive towards your health & fitness goals
- Significant use of face to face video calling
- Text/email based support as needed
- Personalized nutritional coaching/planning (see our philosophy section below)
- Individualized workout prescription
- Strength training; circuit training; endurance training and more.
- Access to our online forum community to seek the support and guidance from the entire AFS family including our clients, and team.
- No limits on the degree of interaction or coaching. We will do whatever we can, within reason, to help you reach your goals.
- Set up a consultation below for more detailed information.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
We believe that health and fitness is a highly personal and individual process. With the best of intentions, people often sabotage their efforts for making healthy changes by attempting to make change according to the expectations of others. We believe that the only effective health behavior change is the one that is co-designed by the individual who has to live with these habits every day. Thus, instead of providing a program that sets the expectations and demands for you, we work to combine our expertise and beliefs around fitness with your own expertise and values when it comes to YOUR life, to create an outcome that is positive and sustainable for you.
We believe that at the core of any healthy lifestyle is physical activity and exercise. Thus, we encourage our clients to make sure they are engaging in regular exercise and physical activity as a highest priority step in the process of health-conscious living. Secondly, we believe in a progressive approach to behavior change. Too many times have we seen people, with great intentions, try to do a massive overhaul of their entire “fitness life” all at once, and it doesn’t end well. Thus, we believe in progressively building new skills and habits one or two at a time, as the most effective way to foster long-term, sustainable change. Lastly, we believe that knowledge is power. And, while knowledge is rarely the most limiting ingredient when it comes to making health promoting decisions in life, we still believe that it is the job of an effective coach to educate their clients so that they are equipped to effectively handle the complex decisions life throws their way.
With all of that said, the one belief we have that trumps all others is the belief in meeting our clients where they are currently at. This means that just because WE think physical activity and exercise is a great first step in the health and fitness process, we still recognize that there are people who may be ready to change other areas of their lives first, prior to engaging in a regular exercise program, and it would be wrong of us to force these people to do things in one specific way. Again, ultimately you are the expert of your own life and we believe in the importance of giving the client autonomy to ultimately make their own decisions in the coaching process.
How Much Does it Cost?
The price of Remote Coaching is $99/month, billed monthly, with no long-term contracts. If at the end of your first 3 months, after actively participating in the program, you are not satisfied, we will refund your money.
If you’re interested in AFS Remote Coaching, fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly.
Oops! We could not locate your form.