Food Freedom Around The Holidays Virtual Mini-Workshop
The holidays are meant to be a joyous time to celebrate loved ones & enjoy delicious meals. Unfortunately, holiday foods sometimes come with feelings of guilt & shame which can take away from our ability to create lasting memories. Not to mention the stress we’re already experiencing this year from navigating the holidays in the midst of a pandemic. We know this is a challenging time for many, and we want to support your wellbeing through this holiday season!
This mini-workshop is a two-part series that will provide you with tools and strategies for practicing food freedom throughout the holiday season. We will help you reframe your mindset so that you can truly enjoy your holiday traditions- even if this year’s festivities look different. Our goal is for you to eat, drink, be merry, and get through the rest of 2020 feeling well! It’s time to savor the pumpkin pie without a side of guilt, and to move towards the New Year in a way that truly optimizes your well-being.
— Bella & Mary
Two one-hour sessions that consist of a presentation and group discussion with learning activities interspersed throughout. Participants will need Zoom to participate in the workshop.
- Reflect on past holiday eating experiences
- Learn how to identify & reject the diet mentality during this time of year
- Common holiday food myths & fears
- Science behind why restriction mindset is setting you up for failure
- Set holiday intentions
- Take-away activity to work on for the next night!
- Learn skills to navigate the “Last Supper Mentality, the scarcity mindset, & the urge to compensate for your meal
- Discuss joyful movement around the holidays
- Finding the Satisfaction Factor
- Redefining “health” & focusing on the bigger picture!
- Setting non-diet holiday/New Year Intentions
- Workshop Dates: Tuesday, December 15 & Wednesday, December 16
- Workshop Time: 7pm-8pm both nights
- Workshop Cost: $45 **
- Registration ends: Saturday, December 12
- Note: The workshop will be capped at 20 participants to ensure space for group questions & discussion.
**Please e-mail us directly for a pay-what-you-can option, if needed: Balog@appliedfitnstg.wpenginepowered.com and Bella@appliedfitnstg.wpenginepowered.com