[dropcaps]T[/dropcaps]he holidays can be a difficult time of year for those who are actively pursuing their fitness goals. The stress of trying to hit a certain calorie goal, or trying to eliminate certain foods can take away from the fun of getting together with family and enjoying Thanksgiving. The good news is that this doesn’t have to be the case!
This week I sought to eliminate some of that stress while keeping all of the flavor you love in three of your favorite Thanksgiving staples. Take a look at some of my easy tips below, and then check out the recipes! Enjoy!!
Revamp your recipes by using a few of these tips:
- Replace whole milk with skim milk.
- Use soda water versus tonic or diet soda.
- Substitute whole eggs with egg whites or Egg Beaters.
- Replace your dips with 1/2 Greek yogurt versus mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Whole wheat flour versus enriched white flour in baking goods.
- Limit alcohol consumption.