- 1 (10-ounce) box of grape tomatoes, quartered (or cherry tomatoes, halved).
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (I used about 25 leaves), torn
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cut up tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves.
- Add olive oil to bowl, and lightly toss together.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top of salad.
Sprinkle salt as desired.
Per Serving: 250 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 9gcarbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 14g protein
Jalapeño Cilantro Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn, shucked (Or get a bag of sweet corn from costco, sams club, or whole foods to save time)
- 1 cup small-diced red onion (about ½ of a large onion)
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 4 Jalapeño peppers finely diced (seeds removed)
- 2-3 tablespoon of honey (or agave nectar) The amount of honey needed is directly related to the sweetness of the corn. Sweeter corn will require less honey.
- In a large pot of boiling water (I add sugar to ensure sweetness), cook the corn for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close enough to the cob to remove the kernels but not so close that you remove the husk with it.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and then start adding the honey or agave nectar as desired. The sweetness should balance out the vinegar.
- Make a few hours a head so the flavors infuse together. Chill and serve cold or leave out and serve at room temperature.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth (gluten free)
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar for serving
- Put a swirl of olive oil in a dutch oven and brown turkey until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Brown onion and garlic in another tsp of olive oil until done.
- Add turkey back to pot with onions and add spices. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and juices, chicken stock, beans and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese and serve hot
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 6 cups of fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot hot sauce or Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil, or olive oil. Set aside.
- Mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper, melted butter, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the cauliflower into a large gallon-sized bag, pour the buffalo sauce into the bag. Shake until the cauliflower florets are fully coated. – Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing or more siracha!
Sweet Potato Sliders
- 1 lb grass fed lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2-3 fresh Boston, Bib or Iceburg lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Form beef into small meat patties and press into flat into muffin tin.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or to desired doneness.
- While burger patties are baking, slice sweet potatoes into discs.
- Place discs in a bowl and coat with coconut oil and cajun seasoning.
- Line discs on a baking sheet and place in oven for approximately 25 minutes, turning over mid way through.
- Once patties and sweet potatoes are done, assemble by stacking sweet potato, beef patty, lettuce, avocado slice, tomato slice, sweet potato.
- Serve and enjoy!