Sub out the calories, Sub in the flavor!
French Toast without the Bread, What?!
- Egg Whites (1 cup): 200 calories, 5.4g carbs, 0g fat, 30g protein
- Cinnamon and Ginger (1tbsp): about 20 calories
- Honey ( 1 tbsp.): 64 calories, 17g carbs, 0g fat, 0g protein
- Total: 284 calories, 22.4g carbs, 0g fat, 30g protein
French toast with average wheat bread:
- Wheat Bread ( 2 slices): about 260 calories, 46g carbs, 6 g fat, 6g protein
- Syrup (1 tbsp.): 52 calories, 13g carbs, 0g fat, 0g of protein
- Whole Egg (2 eggs): 140 calories, 2g carbs, 10g fat, 12g protein
- Total: 452 calories, 61g carbs, 16 g fat, 18g protein
Add egg whites to sauté pan on low to medium heat. I used an 8” pan. The pan size depends on how thick you want the egg. Sprinkle seasonings; this recipes calls for cinnamon and ginger. Let cook until liquid turns white. Bubbles may form (depending on desired texture, let stand for a fluffier egg white), and then flip with spatula. Let other side cook thoroughly, depending on desired texture. Place on plate. While hot, drizzle honey or syrup on top, add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
- Ground Turkey 93% Lean ( 3 oz.): 120 calories, 0 carbs, 6g fat, 16g protein
- Spinach or Lettuce ( 1 cup): 7 calories, 1g carb, .2g fat, .9g protein
- Roma Tomato (1 tomato): 35 calories, 2g carb, 1g fat, 1g protein
- Tortilla ( 1 tortilla): 80 calories, 13g carbs, 2gfat, 2g protein
- Salsa ( .5 cup): 50 calories, 20g carbs, 0g fat, 4g protein
- 0% Plain Greek Yogurt ( .5 cup): 65 calories, 7g carbs, 0g fat, 11g protein
- Finely Shredded Mexican Style Cheese (1 tbsp.): 25 calories, 1g carb, 2g fat, 2g protein
- Total: 380 calories, 44g carb, 14g fat, 36g protein
Cook ground turkey in fry pan, drain access fat (a very little amount). Add desired seasoning ( I used what I had on the shelf: garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and paprika). Cook thoroughly. Chop up tomatoes and lettuce. Warm tortilla in pan on low heat; add meat, add toppings, squeeze lime and enjoy! I substituted sour cream for Greek Yogurt and added salsa. Corn is an option as well. Be creative!
- Protein powder ( I recommend EAS). One scoop has about 95 calories
- PB2(2 tbsp.): 45 calories, 5g carbs, 1.5g fat, 5g protein
- Almond Milk Unsweetened ( 1 cup):30 calories, 1g carbs, 2.5g fat, 1g protein
- Frozen Banana ( 1 medium):105 calories, 27g carb, .5g fat, 1.3g protein
- Cinnamon ( 1tsp):-6 calories, 2g carb, 0g fat, 0g protein
- Total: 281 calories
The night before, slice banana into 1” pieces and freeze (perfect ice cube and fruit). Add milk of choice, banana slices, cinnamon, and water, blend into a desired consistency. Then, add protein powder blend slowly to mix throughout. Enjoy! Options: Add 0% Greek Yogurt- any flavor for extra protein!