Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes vs. Mashed Potatoes
1 large head- 209 calories ( 6-7 “diameter):
CHO: 42g, 17 g fiber
1 large potato- 283 calories ( 3” to 4”):
CHO: 64g, 8 g fiber
1 large head of cauliflower
1.5 c of milk of your choice: almond, rice, low-fat, skim
Dash of salt and pepper
Optional: Greek yogurt
- Cut cauliflower head into pieces.
- Add water to a sauce pan over high heat.
- Add veggies to veggie steamer, add to sauce pan. Cover pan.
- Let water boil until cauliflower is very tender
- Turn off stove, take pan off the heat, set veggie steamer aside.
- Drain remaining water out of pan.
- Put veggies back into the warm pan and begin to mash.
- Mash with utensil or potato masher; then, with mixer for desired texture. If desired, add a splash of your choice of milk for consistency.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper for taste. Enjoy!
I topped my mashed cauliflower with ( ¼ cup ) Greek yogurt in substitution of sour cream and garlic pepper for taste.