Charity Challenge: Running Edition!
Epic Races and Applied Fitness Solutions have teamed up to invite all runners to join “Cardio For A Cause!” Cardio For A Cause is a running group AFS has developed to raise awareness and funds for the Ozone House of Ann Arbor. Ozone House is a community-based, nonprofit agency that helps young people lead safe, healthy, and productive lives, through intensive intervention and prevention services. For $99, the program includes:
- Pre & post-race assessment: body composition evaluation and movement screen (gait analysis, evaluation of hip, knee, and ankle stability/mobility)
- Corrective exercise recommendations based on movement screens
- 2 group runs per week: Meet coach Kathleen Gina, certified by Road Runners Club of America, on Tuesdays at 6pm in downtown Ann Arbor, at the Residence Inn for speed workouts. Coach Gina is also the head coach for Run Ann Arbor! AFS Client Zoe Thompson will lead a group run on Saturdays.
- 5K or 10K training plan for the race (entry fee included)
- Access to an online discussion forum with weekly posts and training tips
The Ann Arbor Marathon is Sunday, March 26th!
Running group participants will be encouraged to raise funds for Ozone House. Top fundraiser prizes:
- First top fundraiser: $250 AFS account dollars
- Second top fundraiser: $50 Epic gift card
- Thanks to Exercise Warehouse, other prizes include: 2 Pilates Anywhere kits and 1 modern movement Dynamic balance trainer
- Additionally, each participant will receive an Ann Arbor Running Company $20 off shoe or 30% off apparel discount!
- Not a runner? You can still help the cause by donating at this link: https://ozonehouse.ejoinme.org/donate
Oops! We could not locate your form.