Ingredients for one serving:
Slice of lemon
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. rolled oats
1 tbsp. honey
Splash of vanilla extract
1 tbsp. apple sauce
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees with one rack placed towards the top of the oven.
- Wash, core and slice the apple (skin-on for extra fiber). Toss with lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix rolled oats, cinnamon, and melted honey together. Combine well. Spread a thin layer on a piece of aluminum foil and bake for about 5 minutes. Watch it! It might burn!
- Add apple slices in a saucepan over low-medium heat, cook slowly. Add a tbsp of water every time the pan looks dry. Cook for about 6 minutes, until desired texture.
- Toss the cooked apples in a bowl and sprinkle with crumble. Enjoy!
I topped mine with plain, fat-free Greek yogurt (ADDS PROTEIN!) and a dash of cinnamon. Another option would be low-fat whipped cream. Be creative!
Be mindful, different types of ingredients may have less or more calories than calculated.
1 apple ( Gala)- 80 calories, 22 g of CHO,
1 tbsp. honey- 64 calories, 17 CHO
2 tbsp. rolled oats- 50-60 calories, 8g CHO, 1 g fat, 2 g pro
1 tsp of cinnamon- 25 calories, 7 g CHO
1 tbsp. Apple Sauce- 15 calories, 3 CHO
Total: 240 calories, 57 CHO, 1 g fat, 2 g pro
1 cup of Traditional Apple Crisp found online:
281 calories, 42g CHO, 12.5g fat, 2 g pro
320 calories, 52g CHO, 11g fat, 2 g pro
385 calories, 75g CHO, 8g fat, 4 g pro