Intuitive Eating Virtual Workshop
Nutrition is so much more than what we eat. It includes how & why we eat as well. When we start to learn about Intuitive Eating (IE), we discover aspects of eating, such as pleasure, mindfulness, & satisfaction, that may have been missing in our lives.
In our overflowing health & wellness culture, it’s easy to get caught up in the “right” & “wrong” way to be eating. We are here to challenge this & offer an alternative to dieting that allows you to become the expert of your own body. You can take back the power in your eating & create a positive relationship with food & your body. By learning to understand your body’s innate internal wisdom, such as signals of hunger, fullness, & food preference, you can focus on nourishment and self-care instead of self-control. This way of eating also helps to end the constant battle for weight loss & facilitates finding the weight you are meant to be.
The Intuitive Eating Virtual Workshop is meant to guide you in finding your peace with food that allows you to fully fuel your body & start LIVING.
The vision for this workshop is that you are able to start, continue, or refine your journey with Intuitive Eating. With the support of fellow intuitive eaters, ourselves, & the tools you will learn, we hope that you will feel empowered to rediscover your health and happiness through food.
— Mary & Bella
Bella Diaz, MS, RDN
Mary Balog, RDN
**Disclaimer: The information contained on this blog, website, and related content (such as Instagram posts) are of a general nature. They are not intended to treat, diagnose, or give specific medical advice. While all content is written by a registered dietitian and strives to provide only accurate, scientific-based information, your specific health needs may or may not apply to the content contained on this website and related content. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any specific medical condition. All content is copyrighted, and must be used only with permission and citation to Bella Diaz, MS, RDN and Mary Balog, RDN. Neither Bella Diaz, RDN or Mary Balog, RDN shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or other damages which may result from the information and content.**
WEEKLY READING SELECTIONS:
- We will be referencing the Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD & Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD
- Concepts such as honoring your hunger, coping with emotions without using food, joyful movement, & the science behind intuitive eating will be discussed
- Weekly IE exercises will be assigned
WEEKLY REFLECTION VIDEOS:
- Pre-recorded videos (broken into weekly segments) so you can follow along & grow in your eating journey
- We will dive into each principle & suggest additional strategies based on years of experience with clients like yourself
- Videos will review IE exercises and other suggested meal/ snack time challenges
WEEK ONE: Introduction/Welcome & Rejecting the Diet Mentality
WEEK TWO: Honor Your Hunger & Make Peace with Food
WEEK THREE: Challenge Your Inner Food Critic & Feel Your Fullness
WEEK FOUR: *Workshop Reflection Week & Group Check-in*
WEEK FIVE: Discover the Satisfaction Factor & Emotional Eating
WEEK SIX: Body Respect & Joyful Movement
WEEK SEVEN: Gentle Nutrition & Moving Forward as an Intuitive Eater!
WEEKLY GROUP ZOOM MEETINGS FOR Q & A:
- 1 hour support sessions & discussions moderated by Mary & Bella
- Small group sizes, limited to 5-7 people at a time (schedule/sign up for time slot on each week)
- Opportunity to ask questions and gain clarity
- Help with implementing skills into everyday eating
- Meetings are held on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (depending on number of participants) with makeup sessions available on Fridays at noon. Meeting times are flexible depending on the group availability.
PRIVATE FB GROUP SUPPORT:
- You will be added to the private Facebook Group for continued support & updates throughout the week
- You will be able to connect with others for accountability, support & encouragement
- You are not alone in this
- Workshop Dates: Monday, April 26th – Monday, June 14th (Wrap-up Meeting)
- Workshop Cost: $250
- IE Workbook cost = $25 (Purchase here)
- Registration ends: April 25th
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am brand new to Intuitive Eating?
- This course is a perfect way to learn the foundational principles of intuitive eating with the support of IE specialized dietitians and fellow workshop participants.
- Who would benefit from this course?
- This course is designed for those who are seeking an alternative route to health and nutrition that focuses on eating as an experience
- Individuals who are tired of the dieting rollercoaster and are ready to find lasting health!
- Those who may be feeling stressed or anxious about food or their body
- How is intuitive eating different from traditional dieting?
- Unlike mosts fad diets, Intuitive eating focuses on the how & why we eat as opposed to just the what. We are refusing to restrict our bodies of the nutrients we need and stepping away from the “good food”/ “bad food” mentality. IE considers food’s physical AND emotional role in your life.
- How much of a commitment will this course be during the week?
- Throughout the week you will be listening to 2 videos averaging about 10- 15 minutes each, reading the recommended pages in your IE workbook, doing recommended activities, and participating in a weekly 1 hour Reflection meeting with your RDs and small group of participants.
- Average of 2-3 hours/ week
- What tools will I need for this course?
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD & Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD (Link above)
- Access to Zoom
- Facebook account (if you would like to participate in Facebook discussions)
- Open mind and willingness to grow
- What if I can’t make a weekly zoom meeting?
If you have to miss a zoom session, we will record the weekly group meeting and send it to you so you can listen to the group conversation on your own time.
Please complete the following questionnaire and we will follow up with a link for payment!
Oops! We could not locate your form.