Long-Term Athlete Development for Baseball
Applied Fitness Solutions is partnering up with the Saline Area Youth Baseball and Softball Association to help your athletes step up their game as they step up to the plate! With unique testing and training opportunities for your athlete as we progress into the winters months, we wanted to give you an overview our partnership as well as some education on how best to develop an athlete over the course of their career. All of this in a free, 45 minute, interactive workshop.
Join us on Monday, November 26th at 6:45pm (Parents & Athletes Welcome)!
Location: Applied Fitness Solutions (4710 S State Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108) – We’re about a mile South of I-94… if you’re coming from the freeway, keep driving past the airport and we’ll be on the right! If you’re coming from the south and you pass an airport on your left, you’ve gone too far!
What We’ll Cover
- Importance of building a BASE of fitness (and what that actually means)
- The Role of injury prevention in strength & conditioning
- Ideal age/maturity level for optimal benefits
- Navigating the competition schedule (where and how training fits in)
- Full explanation of AFS partnership & upcoming opportunities
- Open Q&A for any and all questions
Who Should Attend
- Parents looking to take extra steps to prevent injury for their athletes
- Parents of athletes looking to improve bat speed, hitting power, and throwing velocity
- Parents with athletes who have aspirations to advance in the sport. This means performance enhancement for current competition level, but more importantly preparation for the next level (especially those looking to play high level travel, high school, or college baseball).
Michael Stack is founder and CEO of Applied Fitness Solutions. In addition to his duties with AFS, Michael is formerly the educational events director for StrengthPro, Inc., and is a former co-chair of the Arnold Strength Training Summit. Mike has lectured to, and worked with a diverse population with respect to all aspects of health, fitness, and human performance.